Friday, August 12, 2011

Information is Beautiful on the Datablog: the Sunscreen Smokescreen

I was curious about how much suncream you should wear. So I started looking for studies and research. That question led to another question. And then another and then another… Four months later, I emerged blinking from the soup of information surrounding sunscreen, ultraviolet radiation and skin cancer, drenched in knowledge.

Somewhat pale-skinned. I really should get out more.

The graphic on this page has a few of the answers I found. You can find the rest on my site informationisbeautiful.net. And check the studies, data and sources for yourself here: http://www.bit.ly/sunscreensmoke

Design, research, words: David McCandless
Research: Miriam Quick
Additional design: Joe Swainson, Derek Guo, Piero Zagami
Data: http://www.bit.ly/sunscreensmoke

I run InformationIsBeautiful.net, dedicated to visualising information, ideas, stories and data. Twitter @infobeautiful
This an adapted page from my book of infographic exploria, Information Is Beautiful. In the US, the book's called The Visual Miscellaneum

Data journalism and data visualisations from the Guardian

• Search the world's government data with our gateway

• Search the world's global development data with our gateway

Flickr Please post your visualisations and mash-ups on our Flickr group
• Contact us at data@guardian.co.uk

• Get the A-Z of data
• More at the Datastore directory

• Follow us on Twitter
• Like us on Facebook


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment