Sunday, July 31, 2011

Google + and pseudonymity: open letter to @ Google | @ GrrlScientist

As you may know, along with thousands of people all over the world, my access to all my Google services was suddenly lifted without warning and without reason. My original appeal, my account was again rejected. I have written a letter to Google, this second rejection of the appeal. The text of this letter will appear on the go, she can help that you are also appealing this decision:

Dear Google

I am writing my Google account disabling appeal,.

A week ago, my entire Google account has been disabled, suddenly and without warning. I was allowed access to Gmail yet another Google service, until I my personal phone number in exchange for re-establishing access to my Gmail account abandoned. I can not even many of my other accounts, such as for example Google +, access reader and buzz. My YouTube account remains to locked.

I was never notified, what specifically this unexpected disabling my account was justified. A few hours later I learned only that use my account because the name I was shut down on my profile page, which they claim, is a violation of your "community standards". However, I have hurt not your community standards as mentioned in your own "display name". I told wish fulfilled: my profile name is "the name, that [I] often go in daily life."

My name is a pseudonym, as I open: say on my profile. I have used GrrlScientist as my pseudonym since 2000 and it has a long track record. I have given public lectures in several countries, email in both countries get, signed contracts, received cash payments, published in a number of places and has been for messages - all under my pseudonym asked. A recent Google search shows that GrrlScientist, as it is, is unique in the world. This corresponds to two or more conditions you have mentioned; (1) I'm not someone impersonation and (2) my name stands for only one person.

Further, in accordance with the law as I understand they are in the United States, Britain, Australia, a person is entitled to use facility and a pseudonym when this usage has no fraudulent intent and no legal obligation to withdraw. Furthermore, under United States common law (not sure about other countries) as soon as a person starts with a specific name "consistent, open and non-fraudulent, without interfering with other human rights", it is a legal name. Provision of my name in my profile, so in fact I have my legal name-, which I specifically requested that you mentioned me by this name, along with a few messages in my first call through the provision of information, specifically requested that you that mentioned me by this name, that proven.

During my online research I learned that it laws that prevent that your forced is European account holders to view private information, including their real name public. For this reason, I am also a copy of this letter to the data protection officer in London send. In addition, I am my concerns Exchange with other offices in the EU.

I appreciate your desire to build an online social community, the minimal disruption, abuse and threatening behavior is exposed to. However, I have the same name for more than a decade and there is no discomfort Facebook and LinkedIn registered against my online accounts such as Gmail, twitter. I have actually had a positive and member of the online community than my numerous contacts, supporters and colleagues are witnesses.

Further, there is no scientific evidence shows that pseudonyms people, especially those who had the same pseudonym for many years tend to indulge in socially disruptive behavior than those who use their real names online. On the other hand is a lot of prove, that show that people who use their real names online in their real lives of fraudsters and criminal in a number of ways, until, fraud, stalking and even physical violence was harassed by identity theft.

Taken together, this shows that I am not to "the people", who from the G + community exclude you. It is also evident that Google vaguely written directive forces one that actually increases the risks to its subscribers. Further, Google itself is disturbed that very community through, which it professes to defend themselves. I please respectfully again take Google my access to all of my services. I am also strongly calling Google to reconsider its online privacy policy and to rethink their lockdown procedures.

With kind regards,

GrrlScientist

.

e-Mail: grrlscientist@gmail.com
Twitter: @ GrrlScientist


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment